Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Invasion of the body snatchers II

This night it was all about something that most of us do not like to talk about ... Death!
It is the fact of life that it is going to end one day... we are all part of the certain statistics that say that 1 out of 1 person is going to die. As we all have that happening some time in the future, we need to talk about it.

We started with a game originating from Egypt: mummy wrap. The Egyptian people were very concerned with death and dying, so they protected the bodies for the 'afterlife' they believed in by wrapping them as mummies. We used toilet paper to simulate this.


The winner looked like a real mummy!


We also played a game called Banana choke! One hand tied on the back, we had to peel and eat a banana with only our teeth and one hand!


In little groups we discussed some common questions people have about death:
  • Why do people feel creepy on graveyards?
  • most people don't want to think about death, why do you think that is?


After the discussions we played a game called dead soldiers, where we were standing dead still around the room and someone had to go around trying to make us laugh without touching us.

The last game of the night was survivor... everybody got numbered from 1 to 17 and sat in order on a row of chairs in the middle of the hall. the order had to stay the same, but when a leader called out a number, that number became the first in the row. So there was a lot of running around and counting chairs.


After the games we sat down in a circle to wrap up the night with some thoughts. They were focused around these three questions:
  1. If I know for sure that I am going to die one day, do I make most of my life? (do I spend my time on things that really matter, or do I waste the time God has given me?)
  2. If I know for sure that everyone around me is going to die one day, do I value them and tell them I do? (do I show that I love my family, care for my friends and others?)
  3. If I know that God has made us all for a purpose, do I try to find out that purpose before I die? (do I search out what God's plan is for our life? God's purpose for everybody is: "to glorify God and enjoy Him forever")

No comments: