Tuesday, May 18, 2010

LIFE

HI every one
Thanks for coming to DropZone on frid night and it was great to meet some new people... welcome welcome and we hope you ENJOYED the night and also learnt lots. On friday night the program was all about LIFE... we are all alive right?? yes , but why ? how?
Well lets see what we did....
sorry will just have to tell you today because Steph did some thing wrong with the new camera and lost all the photos... sorry sorry :(

now for the games.
The Hospital race... having to race to the hospital as Mum is going to have a baby ... ( i'm thankfull i was not the mum on that sack!!!!!!!!!!) a good laugh watching as you pulled each other around on a sack.

Toss Ball was a great fun and well done to all the girls in the GREEN team, you must have good strong long arms.

Nappy race ... do we need to say more?? wish we had the photos of you all wearing a nappy and a bib!!! :)

Body Sculpture... seeing how creative you could get with your team mates to create different objects eg. a car. some of you have very creative ideas... well done.

Now for some quiet time , we sat down and watched a video which showed us images of babies in the womb. WOW just amazing to see a little 10 week baby jumping in the womb. WOW . every one was speechless to see these images. Martijn then challenged us to think about LIFE, who created this ??

then a few more games before the wrap up.... all about babies!! so much fun. :)

Next was the wrap up of the night with Martijn showing us a watch ... no a broken watch... "In here I have put all the parts that go to make up a watch. If they were all put together correctly it would go. Now, if I stood here shaking it like this, do you ever think it would put itself together and make a watch that goes? Of course not. But even if it did, it would still only be a machine. What do you think the chances are of it ever putting itself together and becoming alive? Sounds absolutely crazy doesn't it? Now think of how much more complicated the human body is. Look at all the things you can do. You're a far more advanced machine than any watch and you're alive! What amazes me is that every one of us knows it's crazy to think this watch could put itself together by accident and no-one except__ a looney ever thinks it could come to life. But that's exactly how lots of people believe human life came, just by a bunch of chemicals floating around and then falling together by accident, to make you. That's what they'll teach you at school as the theory of evolution! When you think of that baby in the womb, growing, it seems even more crazy to call that an accident, than this watch coming together by accident. And yet if you say there is no God, that's the only explanation you can have for life! I know there's a watch maker, because something this clever could not have fallen together. Just the same, I know there's a God because something as brilliant as life just couldn't have fallen together!

Knowing that we were designed, with a purpose, gives the whole of our life a meaning and a purpose. Here's what a guy in the Bible has to say about it. "God. You made my whole being. You formed me in my mother's body. I praise you because you made me in an amazing and wonderful way. What you have done is wonderful. I know this very well. You saw my bones being formed as I took shape in my mother's body. When I was put together there, you saw my body as it was formed. All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old!" (Psalm 139:13-16 ) That's what I believe is true. I think it makes a lot more sense than saying we are accidents. It makes your whole life worth living. If God made us and everything around us, he has planned everything about our lives before we were even born, and he knows the best things for us. I know I'm much happier living how God wants, than I would beif I thought I was just a meaningless accident. Next timesomeone tells you that there is no God, think of the watch andremind yourself that if someone had to design that, someone hadto design you also. Remember there's only one way to get toknow God, by believing His son Jesus paid for all the things youhave done wrong when he died on the cross and that he cameback to life again to forgive us, if we put our whole life in his hands and choose to follow him, our designer.

this all lead to much thinking and many questions.... how do you know? what about the days of creation? was there really a flood? what happend to the dinasours? wow the questions did not stop... thanks for the questions youth and keep them coming. keep thinking and remember to pray. Remember you can always ask any of your DropZone leaders questions .

look forward to see you all again on friday night and this time it is about the 40 hour famine.

have a GREAT week.

Luv your DropZone leaders

No comments: