Tuesday, April 15, 2008

How to Say NO!

Last week we looked at what peer pressure was all about. This week, after the leaders did a role play, we decided that peer pressure can sometimes be good, ie., when our friends convince us to do good things. But the bad peer pressure is when our friends convince us to do something we know is wrong. Some of us find it really hard to say NO to our friends, so we practiced saying NO.









Making our 'cool' box cars in our groups (take note of our neat arm bands - this group was 'orange'.


Here are the 10 ways that we thought were good ways to say NO:

No - it’s not my style.

No – my parents would kill me.

No – I don’t feel like doing that.

No – I don’t want to!

No – I have to get home, I’m late already

No – That is bad for me

No – its my choice, my life?

No – I don’t feel comfortable with doing that

No – I’d rather we do something else

No – not right now, maybe another time

No – I’ve got better things to do

No – you shouldn’t do that either

No – that is illegal













How fast can we blow up the balloons and pop them??





So remember to not be a marshmallow and let your friends and others to push and shove into a shape that you don’t want to be. If you don’t want to do something don’t do. Stick up for what you know is right!!!!








Not sure what's happening here - but hey, that's what DZ is all about - letting our hair down and having fun, even if this means doing crazy things in the games.




















.... having some more fun, along with cooperating together!!

No comments: